Your Contact Lenses
Wearing contact lenses can be hugely liberating – allowing you to be active, try out different looks, and experience clear vision without a frame around your world.
Whether you are new to contact lenses or looking to refine your current lenses, our Optometrists and Opticians can help. We can review the large range of contact lenses available and find the ones that best suit your lifestyle.
Contact lens options:
- Daily disposables
- Fortnightly lenses
- Monthly lenses
- Extended wear (for night & day wear)
- Rigid Gas Permeable (hard lenses)
- Toric lenses (for astigmatism)
- Multifocal lenses (for presbyopia)
- Coloured lenses
Our eye care specialists can help explain the advantages and disadvantages of each kind of lens, and find the option that is best suited to you. You may need to try out different brands of lenses and different lens cleaning solutions to find the perfect match. We offer contact lenses from brands such as Johnson & Johnson (1 day Acuvue range and Accuvue Oasys) Alcon, Coopervision, Mark Ennovy and No7. Our optometrists will give you expert help so that you become a confident and healthy contact lens wearer.
Caring for your Contact Lenses
- Good hygiene is essential for safe contact lens wear.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before handling your contact lenses.
- Ensure you clean & store your lenses properly.
- Always make sure you have an adequate supply of contact lenses, and allow enough time for re-ordering.
- Regular contact lens check-ups are essential to maintain good vision and to safeguard the health of your eyes so that you can continue to wear lenses for many years to come.
- Come back and see us right away if you start to experience discomfort or poor vision – an adjustment or a change of lens can often help.
Contact Lenses Appointments
If you are already a contact lens wearer and are coming to see us for a check-up – please don’t forget to wear your lenses when you attend for your appointment: you need to have been wearing them for at least one hour before we examine your eyes.
To make an appointment, call us on 020 7353 4455, email firstname.lastname@example.org or book online.
Fleet Street Clinic is a multi-disciplinary practice offering a full range of medical services. If you want to use one of our many other services (from seeing a private GP to having an eye test), please contact us , or book online.