Responding to Eye Emergencies at Whitby & Co.
If you have any urgent eye emergencies or ocular health concerns, we offer same-day emergency appointments. Please contact us immediately on 020 7353 4455.
If you experience any of the following, we recommend calling us for an immediate eye appointment:
- Prolonged itching
- Stinging or burning in the eye
- Eye Pain
- Redness – with a bloodshot appearance
- Bleeding or other types of discharge from the eye
- Double vision
- Loss or blurring of vision – complete, partial or transient – in one or both eyes
- Flashing or streaks of light
- Light sensitivity
- New floaters
- Bulging of the eye or swelling
- Eyelids stuck together especially on waking
- “Wandering” eye
What eye emergencies can Whitby & Co. Opticians help you with?
We can deal with many eye problems on the spot, such as:
- Eye infections
- Foreign particles in the eye
- Cuts or scratches
- Adverse reactions to contact lenses (e.g. your lens has become “stuck” in the eye)
Other eye problems may require specialist referral. We can quickly arrange this and direct you to the most suitable specialist for your particular problem, to ensure the best possible care. We also have our own doctors and nurses on our premises as part of the Fleet Street Clinic should you require further assistance or treatment.
Please remember: If you experience any visual disturbances, we strongly recommend that you do not drive yourself to your emergency eye appointment.
Please be aware that we do not have the facilities to deal with major eye trauma, so you may be referred to the nearest 24-hour Ophthalmic A&E department – such as Moorfields Eye Hospital.
Our Optometrist service operates Monday – Friday, 8:45am – 5:30pm. Please call us during these times on 0207 353 4455 for same-day appointments.
If your appointment is not an emergency, please make an appointment online here.