Our Medical Practice – Whitby & Co and Fleet Street Clinic
Whitby & Co. and Fleet Street Clinic
Whitby & Co. – our independent London-based Optometry clinic – works seamlessly with our own multidisciplinary medical practice – the Fleet Street Clinic, on the same premises. This “one-stop shop” approach ensures we can deliver holistic, high-quality care, providing solutions to any medical issues. If any of our patients need input from other disciplines, or require more complex care, we can easily obtain help and advice from our doctors, nurses and other colleagues already on-site.
When you come to Whitby & Co. you will therefore have easy access to our fully resourced medical centre, which includes doctors, nurses, laboratory and diagnostic tests, and our in-house mini pharmacy.
Key health benefits for YOU
How does this work in practice? If you come and see our optometrist with symptoms of an eye infection, for example, one of our doctors may be able to prescribe antibiotics on the spot, which can be dispensed right away from our pharmacy. So at a single visit, you can have a thorough eye examination, accurate diagnosis, and prompt treatment to take away – with fast relief of your symptoms and maximum convenience. This also works the other way around: if you come and see one of our GPs with an eye problem that needs more detailed evaluation, you and they will have full and immediate access to our high-level optical skills and technology.
If you need referral to a specialist, we can arrange this simply and swiftly. We work closely with an extensive referral network, built up over many years.
Our other medical services
Other medical services you will find under the same roof include:
- Private GP
- Well Women Clinic
- Medical health Screenings including, Well Man, Well Women, Visa Medicals & Sexual Health Screening
- Specialist Vaccine Clinic – covering vaccines for children, adults, international travel and occupational health
- Dental Practice – a comprehensive dental & hygiene service
- Podiatry Practice – a complete foot care & lower limb clinic
- Osteopathy – including diagnostics as well as occupational health injuries
- Occupational Health – Work Health Assessments, health clearance for Medical staff
- Ergonomics – Workplace assessments as well as advice & training for your staff
- Dietician – Weight loss, improve health & wellbeing, food allergies & intolerances
- Acupuncture – Effective treatment for a wide range physician & emotional conditions
- Hypnotherapy – Help make changes utilising your subconscious mind
- Psychologist – Professional solutions for psychological problems
- Flu Vaccination – Northern Hemisphere flu vaccination service from September to February
- Corporate Services – An extensive range of services that can be customised to meet your every need
Established by Gillian Whitby and Dr Richard Dawood in 1995, Whitby & Co. and the Fleet Street Clinic have over 20 years’ experience serving the local community and beyond, in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment. As always, clinical excellence is our highest priority.
The Fleet Street Clinic is registered with the Care Quality Commission, and is also SEQOHS accredited, demonstrating compliance with the highest quality assurance standards around.
For further details about the Fleet Street Clinic, or to book an appointment, call us today on 020 7353 5678, or request an appointment online here.