Privacy and Cookies
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when using this website or our online booking facility, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Whitby & Co may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and job title.
- Contact information including email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Location information such as postcode.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- This website also contains links to our online booking system that allow you to provide us with limited medical data, if you choose to add that information to the booking text box.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To respond to enquiries you make about our services.
- To tell you or remind you about other services when you have asked us to do so
- In the case of corporate users, to help you make and confirm bookings, and to send you confirmation messages and reminders when your employer or organisation has asked us to do so.
- For our own internal record keeping.
- For improvement of our products and services.
- We may periodically send emails relating to services that you have used that we think you may find relevant, using the email address which you have provided.
We will not use your information commercially (i.e. sell it to or share it with any third party).
We provide everyone wishing to have an eye examination with a questionnaire. Your contact information will be entered on our computer system for billing purposes, and to send you future reminders for recalls, and occasional information about our other services.
The questionnaire collects information on a voluntary basis such as:
- Your name and job title, and other identifiers such as your date of birth.
- Any contact information you may choose to give us, including a (home or work) contact address, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- If applicable, the name of your company or organisation.
- Limited medical data, such as information about allergies; also, your age (for ease of reference in addition to your date of birth) – to help the doctor or nurse perform their medical duties and assess your suitability for treatment options
- Your signature, consenting to an eye examination
We do not disclose medical records to employers or send them to GPs, or to any other party without your prior consent in writing unless required by law to do so. Your questionnaire will not be used for marketing purposes.
Unless you ask us not to, our normal practice is to try to send you reminders when your next eye examination is due.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Whitby & Co, 29 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1AA.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.